Saturday, February 5, 2011

Our First Home

One day in September 2009, I came home to find a foreclosure notice on the door of the house we had been renting for 2 years. I was about 16 weeks into a difficult pregnancy, so we negotiated with the bank and lived rent free for 5 months. We decided to save what we would normally pay in rent and work toward buying our first home.
We started looking at houses in November.
We found this house, a shortsale, and were disappointed a few months later when the bank foreclosed on the house.
So I started looking again, but instead of dragging my pregnant body around houses, I carried my newborn.
We were again disappointed when this house
I'm still sad about this house!
didn't work out either.

Offer after offer, disappointment after disappointment, year after year!
I became pretty good friends with our Realtor, Chuck, he got divorced and remarried during our home search, at closing he surprised us with the news that his new wife is pregnant, that will increase their combined number of children to 8.
Eddie became pretty good friends with our mortgage broker, Lance. Lance is actually storing some of our more valuable possessions.
We finally did close on a house. A real fixer upper.
I haven't managed to take a decent picture of the front of the house. This is from google maps.

It is miles outside of the area where we were initially looking, but it met all of our criteria, and then some.
We have a tight budget, and there is a lot of work that needs done.

It's going to be an adventure, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment