Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't Get Me Wrong, I LOVE the Desert

I love living in the desert. I love all the sunshine. I love that when it snows it stays for about an hour. I love that it's only cold here for about 2 months, and even then it's not really cold. I love that rain is a novelty, and that my four year old wants to go out and play in it.

When Andrew was 6 months old we went Tunisia, and went on a little tour of the Sahara desert. The Sahara is truly amazing.


Photobucket

When Andrew was about 18 months old we took a little day trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Edward had never been there, it was well worth the trip.


We frequently travel the 2 hours to visit my parents in their part of the desert. Southern Utah is so much prettier than Clark County.

There are some beautiful and interesting places within an hours drive of Vegas. The Eldorado gold mine, is not only interesting, it also has an amazing collection of old junk...

Like this big tube...

And this old plane...

Red Rock Canyon is another beautiful area not far out of town. We drove the loop and took some family pictures there when Juliette was only a few weeks old.
Our favorite vacation spot is in the desert.

In October we had family portraits (all 6 siblings, spouses, and children) in the desert near my sisters house.

No comments:

Post a Comment